LASEK vs. LASIK
Laser Vision Correction - LASEK vs. LASIK - Discounts and Financing
Did you know that the surface procedure we now perform exclusively-LASEK, is safer than LASIK and IntraLase or I-LASIK.
When considering which type of Laser Vision Correction is right for you, here are some important things you should also know:
- Every other center on Long Island still cuts flaps - either with a blade (LASIK) or a laser (IntraLase).
- “Bladeless” IntraLase and i-LASIK cut your cornea with a laser.
- LASIK is an older technique that cuts your cornea with a blade.
- As long as you cut a flap there is the risk of a flap complication.
- Cutting procedures remove 90 to 140 microns more corneal tissue than LASEK, which can affect the future health of the cornea.
- Dry eyes can be caused or worsened by cutting the corneal nerves.
- Night glare can result from cutting a flap.
- By eliminating the cutting we have eliminated all flap and cutting complications.
- Claims of “Bladeless” can mean cutting a flap with IntraLase.
- Our surgeons specialize in the non cutting state of the art Advanced CustomVue LASEK and perform it exclusively in our East Setauket, Long Island center and are available to see you at every visit!
- We can successfully perform LASEK on patients who are poor candidates for LASIK (high Rx, thin cornea, dry eye, poor anatomy), other centers often perform the older, non-cutting PRK in these cases - which has a longer recovery time then LASEK.
- We decided instead to give every one of our patients the safest, most up to date procedure - LASEK.