Laser Vision Correction in Long Island
For hundreds of years, people have relied on glasses (and more recently contact lenses) to cope with nearsightedness, farsightedness and astigmatism. What if we told you there was a way to enjoy crisp, clear eyesight without depending on visual aids?
Advances in technology have led to an evolution in laser vision correction. With a quick, virtually painless surgery, you can experience a tremendous improvement in the quality of your vision. Many of our patients at TOC Eye® tell us that laser vision correction surgery was a life changing experience.
How Laser Vision Correction Works
Laser vision correction works by reshaping the round dome at the front of the eye known as the cornea so it focuses light onto the retina properly. Treatment is based on the visual error. If you are nearsighted, your cornea is too steep and the laser can flatten it. If you are farsighted, your cornea is too flat and the laser can make it steeper. If you have astigmatism, the laser can correct your irregularly shaped cornea and give it a more normal curvature.
Laser Vision Correction with TOC Eye®
Thanks to recent advancements in technology, TOC Eye® is able to customize laser vision correction treatment like never before. We use the Advanced CustomVue system, which allows us to provide a precise level of measurement and correction. Using WaveScan-based digital technology, our doctors can identify, measure and correct imperfections in the eye 25 times more precisely than with standard methods used for glasses and contact lenses.
Am I a Candidate for Laser Vision Correction?
- You may be a candidate for laser vision correction if you:
- Are over the age of 18
- Need to wear glasses or contact lenses to see clearly
- Have a stable vision prescription (i.e., no significant changes in the past year)
- Are free of eye disease or inflammation
- We encourage you to request a consultation with our laser eye surgeons to discuss your treatment options in more detail.
What Are the Advantages of Ziemer Femtosecond Laser Technology?
- Femtosecond laser technology reduces the risk of flap complications associated with mechanical microkeratomes
- Reduces opaque bubble layers and inflammation
- Ziemer’s femtosecond lasers are designed to be gentle on the eyes delivering:
- Precise low-energy pulses – an ultra-high repetition rate greater than 1 megahertz with a duration of 3/10,000 of a nanosecond
- Fast – a higher repetition rate, greater than 1 mHz creating incisions for a faster and cleaner surgery.
- Overlapping spots – this unique continuous method of overlapping low-energy laser spots speeds up procedures, and eliminates tricky tissue bridges. Clean incisions minimize complications because tissue separates easily.
- Only topical anesthetics are required, leading to quick healing, less risk of infection and other complications, and no need for stitches.
Making the decision to have a more precise and predictable laser vision correction
Though you may not have been prepared for this moment, rest assured that safe and successful advanced vision correction options are currently available to patients of all ages. The decision to have LASIK is something to discuss not only with your eye care provider, but your family and friends. We are happy to guide you through the process, educate you on your options, and help you choose a procedure whose benefits will be just right for you. This is why we now offer LASIK as well. What does this mean for you? More options, precision, and predictability, all based on your medical and lifestyle needs.
Why bring the Ziemer Femto LDV Z4 technology to our patients?
Our East Setauket ophthalmology practice has selected the Ziemer Femto LDV Z4 technology platform for LASIK surgery. There have been an estimated five million plus assisted surgeries performed worldwide to date and that number is steadily growing. The first step in learning about your options and technologies available is to schedule your FREE LASIK consultation. Our eye physicians and refractive team will explain your options and help identify your medical needs and financial goals. Once you have been presented with the proper recommendations, we can decide how to proceed.
LASEK/LASIK Discounts and Financing
At TOC Eye®, we believe everyone deserves to have clear vision and healthy eyes. We want treatment to be as accessible as possible, and offer several financing options for your convenience. Also, occasionally we offer discounts on laser vision correction treatment with LASEK/LASIK.
In addition, special discounts are offered to the following:
- Professional Courtesy (MDs, PAs and RNs)
- Active Duty Military
- Police Officers, Firefighters, EMTs
- Ambassador Program Referrals (those referred by someone who has had laser vision correction in our center)
Learn More about Laser Vision Correction
For more information about laser vision correction surgery with the TOC Eye® team, please call us at 631-751-2020 today.